Self Catering Accommodation in Melkbosstrand
While staying in our Melkbos Strand unit you can enjoy the friendly folk of the West Coast. Visit the West Coast Villages of Paternoster and Dwarskersbos. Enjoy water sports on the Lagoon at Lange Baan and try your luck at the Mykonos Casino. Day trips to Darling (Tannie Evita se perron) and Riebeeck- Kasteel is highly recommended.
MELKBOS STRAND IS A POPULAR HOLIDAY DESTINATION AND HAS A LOT TO OFFER TO HOLIDAYMAKERS:
- lovely safe beaches
- fishing and diving (boat slipway within 1 km)
- hiking trails (less than 1 km) with bird watching and wild life including whale watching during season.
- 4x4 trial with quad bike rental facility (less than 2km)
- golf course (less than 3 km)
- Blouberg Strand (less than 10km)
- less than 50m from holiday resort. Minimal daily entrance fee allows you to use their facilities incl olympic size pool and kiddies pool, trampolines, play park, kiosk and mini golf course
- shopping centre and medical centre less than 4km
- Cape Town International Airport is a 30 minute drive
- visit West Cooast Villages eg Paternoster, Langebaan, Velddrif and have lunch at open air restaurant with traditional west coast cuisine. We will assist you to arrange the trip.
- climb Table Mountain or take the cable car.
- do the Hop on Hop off city bus tour. The bus route takes you to 17 tourist attractions in and around the mother city incl V&A Waterfront, Aquarium, Camps Bay beach, Castle etc.
- visit the towns of Riebeeck Kasteel and Darling (Tannie Evita Bezuidenhout's perron is a must!)
- do a wine tasting tour - visit nearby wine farms in Durbanville, Swartland, Stellenbosch and Paarl.
- visit the ostrich farm on the N7.
- have cocktails on the lawn at the Blue Pete Hotel and watch the sun set.
- have a picnic at Kirstenbosch. During the summer months they have free concerts on Sunday evenings.
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT AN EXTRA COST AND PRIOR ARRANGEMENT IS NECESSARY:
- baby sitting
- cleaning service
- airport transfers
- boat trips
- fishing trips
- water sports
- 4x4 trips
- picnic baskets
Rates are kept as affordable as possible and therefore the following info is required for an accurate quote:
- number of guests
- duration of stay - special rates for longer stays
- time of year